Baimbridge College Library Information:
· Mrs Kym Dempsey– Teacher Librarian
· Mr Joshua Franks – Library Assistant
The staff are available to assist students and teachers with their information needs. This includes reference enquiries, research, fiction and non-fiction needs and computer use.
The Baimbridge College Library supports all aspects of the Baimbridge College curriculum including Middle Years, VCE, Extension and Remediation, Integration and places emphasis on the continual development of technological facilities.
Study areas allow students and staff easy access to research materials. These areas include:
· Class area with Interactive Whiteboard
· Enclosed areas with computer and video facilities
· Wide reading area with easy chairs
· Art book collection housed separately in the library
· Private study area
· Teacher reference room
Borrowing and Loan Times
- Yrs 7-9 = three items can be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Yr 10 = four items can be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Yrs 11-12 = ten items can be borrowed for 2 weeks
- Yrs 7-9 English class set novel is an additional loan
- Library is open between 8.45 a.m - 4.30 p.m.
- Lunch time 1.15 p.m. – 1.45 p.m.
- Yrs 11-12 = 20 free copies
- Bags should be placed in the shelves in the library foyer.
- No chewing gum or eating in the library.
- Work quietly within the library.
- Students to wait in the library entrance before entering.
- Students must have a signed pass from their teacher when entering the library during class time.
A.V. Equipment and other resources
- Kindles are available for use within the Library
- ClickView Videos can be viewed in the library or downloaded for at home use
- Cameras, (flip, video and digital, a multi-media projection panel, CD and cassette recorders, and an over head projector, are available for loan and/or for use within the library.
- Facsimile machine
- Vertical file
- Video DVD collection
- Map, chart, poster and kit collection
Newspapers and Magazines
· Daily newspapers are available in the library - Herald-Sun, The Age and The Hamilton Spectator.
Back copies of newspapers are held for 12 months.
· Current magazines are on display in the library and back copies are available.